Saturday, February 11, 2012

Assignment 7


For this prompt we are suppose to address the personal me and external I. I feel as though I can compile my thoughts more effectively through lists, so that is how I will conduct this free write.
External “I” 
  • privileged middle class suburbanite 
  • caucasian female
  • a best friend
  • youngest child in a family of six
  • typical teen with “rock star” ambitions
  • hopefully one day she’ll change her mind back to medicine
  • lives in a family comprised of doctors and lawyers
  • family views: “art is a hobby, not a living”
  • quiet demeanor 
  • homecoming queen
  • animal lover
  • guitar player
  • witty sense of humor
  • ex girlfriend 
  • small time girl in the big city
  • loves to cook
  • a runner
  • hangs out at record stores
  • the “sober girl who thinks she’s too good to trip on acid”
  • when visiting home friends always say “you’re from Chicago”, thats funny because I’m pretty sure I grew up with all of you guys here in Detroit
  • stutterer
  • blusher
  • dancer
  • wanna be singer
  • family orientated
Internal “Me”
  • loved
  • anxious
  • over analyzer 
  • driven
  • part of a tight knit group of friends
  • stubborn
  • loyal
  • relives past 
  • makes wishes at 11:11
  • poet
  • lyricist
  • tongue tied when trying to explain what I’m thinking
  • impulsive
  • cautious but not fearful
  • spiritual
  • my music is my therapy 
  • healing
  • explorer/negotiator 
  • youngest in the family but the family’s support system
  • performance anxiety
  • nodules
  • afraid to fail because everyone is expecting me to
  • don’t like giving people what they expect
  • “pain in the ass”
  • palm reader
  • long distance attempter: miserable failure
  • stand up for what I believe in
  • desperate to find out whats going to happen in my future
  • desperate to find me
  • curious
  • hard worker
  • my mom says “you were always ahead of your time”
  • don’t feel like I really have a home anymore
  • awkward
  • spunky 
  • need to make a difference 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Deanna.
    Whoa--this was way fab! When I first saw the post, I was worried because I didn't think that you would be able to tap into any sort of deep n' meaningful ideas via a list. BUT, I was wrong! I'm really interested in some of these phrases like "hopefully one day she'll change her mind back to medicine"-- you've managed to articulate and encapsulate the manner through which others perceive you, using something called found dialogue--taking bits of *real conversation* and inserting them into a piece of writing. NICE work, Deanna!

    ReplyDelete